Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What is love?-Part 2


We saw that Sujatha and the neighbors informed baby Krithika's parents and so, they rushed to the hospital immediately.

The only thing that was in their minds then was to save the kid.They were ready to do anything for that.

Beyond that ,what happened?
We will see now:

At the hospital:
The child was in a critical condition and so, the doctor admitted krithika into the intensive care unit.
Krithika's parents waited impatiently outside the unit.
After what seemed like ages to them, the doctor came out of the ICU and called for the child's parents.He informed them that there had been a lot of blood loss and so,the child has to be infused with blood immediately.

But, the situation was tricky.

The child's blood group was 'O-'which was the rarest blood group.
Karthik and Lakshmi would do anything to save their child, but they were of different blood groups and so, were helpless.

So, they appealed to the crowd to donate blood.

                                               One lady came forward. She was the one who had rushed the child to the hospital.Now, she was ready to donate her blood.She was of the 'O-'blood group.

She was none other than Karthik's collegemate Sujatha.

Kathik was surprised to see her after so many years but, there was no time for pleasantries.

The doctors collected blood from Sujatha and transfused it to the child.The child was saved and came out of danger.

Krithika's parents searched for Sujatha to thank her but, she had already left.

It took a fortnight for Krithika to be completely cured and once she was alright her parents collected the phone number and address of her saviour and left to home.

The following week, Lakshmi rang up to Sujatha and invited her to their home for lunch.

At Karthik's home:
Women are always the best!
As the couple chatted with Sujatha, Karthik received an urgent phonecall from office and so, he excused himself. The ladies continued doing what they were good at : chatting.

In the course of their chat , Lakshmi came to know that Sujatha had done her college with Karthik and that she had loved him deeply and had proposed to him too.But, Karthik had not taken it seriously.

Lakshmi was unperturbed by this information 'cause she knew her husband well.

After Sujatha left , Lakshmi saw that Sujatha had forgotten to take one of her bags . 

In that bag ,was Sujatha's personal diary.

Sujatha was in the habit of noting every small incident in her life in her personal diary and she had told so to Lakshmi too in the course of her chit-lakshmi heitated to read it but, curiosity took over.sujatha had clearly written down her deepest feelings for karthik .she had also mentioned that she still loved him as much as she loved him in college. this love of her's for karthik had not allowed her to get married to anyone else.

She felt very sorry for sujatha but, she thought there was not much that she could do about that.but, she hid it away from her husband.

But, sujatha was different.
  At Karthik's office:
After a week,Sujatha came to Karthik's office.

Karthik went through a mixture of emotions.He felt happiness,gratitude and fear all at-once when he saw her.

Firstly, Karthik thanked her for having saved his daughter's life.
He said,"i don't know how i will ever be able to repay this help of yours."

To this ,Sujatha was quick to say,"There is a way you can repay."

Karthik was taken aback by this unexpected reply."How?"

"Karthik,I loved you very much in college and I feel the same way towards you even today.

She paused for a while and then,continued,
I lost my parents in a plane crash a couple of years back.They have left me behind their huge properties.I have all the riches that I want.But, i don't have a person to call my own."

Karthik intervened her and said,"I am very sorry that I did not reciprocate your love in college.But, now I have a beautiful family of my own .I will never think of creating any trouble in it."

To this, Sujatha said,"I will never even try to create any problem in your family life.
I love you too much for that."

She paused for a while.

"But, I have a wish."

"What?Don't ask for anything that will spoil my family life."

Sujatha gave a cynical smile and started to talk:
"I will never be able to get married to anyone else.Thoughts of you are engrained in me so deeply.
But, I don't want to disturb your familty too.

So, at best I want to have a child through you.

So that I will have a person whom I can call my own and this child will give me joy by reminding me of you,all my life.

If you fulfill this wish for me,I will go away and never cross your path ever again in my life."

Karthik was totally stunned at this proposal.He was so angry and worried that he did not want to answer her right away.So, he asked for a week's time to get back to her.

She agreed.

                                                                                  to be continued...

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment