Tuesday, August 17, 2010

'made with each other'

I have a friend who is a news reporter.He always has something sizzling.
This time it was an interview taken a couple of days back.

It was an interview with two young girls named Leela and Sheela .

"Hey Leela,how are you today?"asked Sheela.

"I am fine.but, I am a bit worried about what our teacher thinks of us."said Leela.

"Just dont worry Leela.She would have freaked out when she was young. She is old now.So, she has comfortably forgot her past",said Sheela.

"What you say might be right.But, what she says matters to us,cause she may inform our parents about all the mischief we do in school.I think we should behave ourselves",cautioned Leela.

"I dont care. I want to do what I want.We will face it when it comes",said Sheela carelessly.

"Please Sheela,dont say that.I am scared of Mrs.Rosy",shivered Leela.

Leela pleading with Sheela went on for sometime before both came to a consensus.

I asked my friend,"What is so great about this dialogue.This happens in all households where one kid is sweet as candy and the other is a monkey.Oh,come on, Give me better news."

Wait don't be in a hurry.Now look at this picture before you say anything further.
"Wow, what is this?Have you started tutorials for  computer graphics?Good job man."

"No.No.Don't be in a hurry again.This is no computer graphics.It is a photo of Leela and Sheela.
they are called conjoined twins.
They were born together as twins but, a part of their scull and brain are fused.All conjoined twins who are born like them ,share a few or many of the body organs."

Out of curiosity I asked,"Can't they be surgically seperated?"

"Most of the times ,it is a highly risky prospect and one or both of the kids could die.So, doctors don't recommend surgery for such kids.

Now you know the reason Leela was pleading with Riny to behave himself.They can never do anything in their lives without the other twin's agreement."


Can we even imagine this?
Daisy and Violet Hilton


Living with a controlling spouse is enough frustration.Then think...

Abigail and Brittany joined at the neck.
They have three hands and three legs.
There were one such twins named Daisy and Violet Hilton who were born in England in 1908.They were joined at the hip.They lived till they were 69 years old.

"Living in the situation is enough trouble but, what happens when one of the twin dies?Sorry,but I just got curious",I said

"In the case of the Hiltons ,Daisy passed away almost 3 days earlier to Violet.It is said they died of hong kong flu.
                                                     But, what went through her mind those three days?Any guesses?



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment