Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Snippet 5

My friend Raashi lives next door.A sweet girl!

The other day,she was carrying a lot of weight in her hands.I think from the market.

She was finding it tough to carry all that load.I thought I can help her.
(Good girls do it all the time!)

I asked her jokingly,"What happened Raashi? You are letting out big sighs like a steam engine?"

"I went to the market like an express train.On my way back,I became a steam engine.Bad knee pain."she said.

"Why?What did you do?Tell me.Tell me."I teased her

"Nothing like what you think,naughty girl.I did a lot of cleaning at home.



My husband says I am complaining of pain like an old lady.That did not worry me.

He said his secretary is also my age and she still looks so much younger.
That is what scares me most."she said.

 "Hey, but it is true that you have put on a lot of weight lately."

"So what?I am not going to beauty pageants "she winked.

"It is not a matter of beauty Raashi,it is a matter of good health".

"What?"she asked me quizzingly.

"Now, you were carrying about 3 kilos of weight in each of your hands.So, you found it very difficult.But, if you had only 1 kilo to carry,you would have managed it ."I said.

"Yes, You are right."

"In the same way,extra weight is difficult for your bones and muscles to carry.Joints are the hinges that connect and strengthen those bones. So, they start to pain."

"But, I can't go on a crash diet.I will feel weak"she said.

"You don't have to.You can eat sensibly".

"How?"

"You have to eat more of fruits and vegetables than rice or wheat- based foods."

"I see. That is not very difficult"she cheered up.

"You can do a bit of exercising too.
Why don't you try Yoga?"I asked.

"Yoga?Never thought of it."

"Think about it.See you later.Bye!"

No comments:

Post a Comment