Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My experience with a spirit


What do we know about spirits?Do they exist or not?

Please!I am not talking about the ones that a bartender serves you.This is about ghostly spirits.

There is always a debate on this topic and there are always people to support both sides.
Why is it so?

I think, the existence of spirits is a feeling,an intuition.

I have heard and I believe that a few people are more sensitive to the presence of spirits, than others.
The ones who are most sensitive are the 'mediums'.
The next rung of people form a full spectrum from feeling its presence most often to those who sense it once in a way.
The last rung of people never feel its presence in their life.
The blessed ones!

I would have called myself one of those blessed ones if I had not had this particular experience.

Many years back,when i had gone to a small town with my parents, we stayed at a guest house.

This guest house was an old english building which was surrounded by thick greenery.
It was a huge mansion and i was intrigued by the massive size of the rooms .
It was a two-storied building and for the night we stayed in one of the bedrooms with a bath-attached ,in the ground floor.


During the night ,deep in my sleep, I was disturbed by a feeling of someone looking at me.
I got up and sat on my bed. i felt someone looking at me from the bathroom.
I looked in that direction and saw a misty figure peeping out into the bedroom and staring straight at me.

At first ,I thought it was a fit of my imagination.I kept looking at the figure in bouts, for almost an hour.But,the shape or the stare had no change in its direction or intensity.I felt the presence strongly and felt the strong stare at me.


I cannot credit myself for a person with nerves of steel,but I felt no fear .How strange!I felt a strong sense of sorrow flowing out of the figure.

I reported this to my parents and they did not believe me.

On my insistence,they enquired about this to the caretaker of the building.
The caretaker said that nobody had reported any presence earlier but, there had been a death of a 10 year old girl in the same bathroom during the process of reconstruction of the building.

The description he gave about the girl ,well fitted the figure I saw the previous night.

But,I was astonished and this experience left me with all new feeling towards spirits.

So much, for all the ghost stories!





No comments:

Post a Comment