Saturday, September 4, 2010

Snippet 6

Popat and Nanu are neighbors and they have been friends for a decade now.
Popat goes visiting Nanu .

Hi Popat,good morning!

Hi Nanu,how are you?What brings you to my house today?

Today is our wedding day and she sent sweets for you and your family.

Thank you very much.I hope you are not in a hurry.Long time since we had a chat.
Anything new?Anything spicy to match the laddus.

"Yesterday night I read something interesting in the internet."said Popat.

"Wow.Real hot news?"Nanu enquired.

"Hey, not what you think.Listen to this.
All of us have something humerus about us?"Popat quizzed.

"I know.Otherwise how do we fall in love and get married?"Nanu said with a knowing look.

"No,I am not talking about that.


By the way,I have promised my wife,I will not tease her atleast for today.Today is our wedding day.Remember."Popat reminded.

"Okay I will try to remember.I tend to forget seeing the smile on your face,"said Nanu.

"Let it be yaar!Everyone has to learn a bit of acting down the line.Saves your skin many times.

 Now,back to the humerus bone."said Popat.

"You mean skin, muscle, bone.That bone.
But, how will a bone laugh?

You are a humorous person, maybe your bone will laugh.

You mean I should also be having one?Where is it?

I will hold on to it tight every time my wife gives me the scares. She makes me shiver.Any little bit of support will help,"Nanu said.

"Humerus bone connects your shoulder to your elbow."Popat said.

Every time we touch it ,will we feel like laughing?What an elixir?Good medicine for hen-pecked fellows like me.

I see. that is why my neighbour's son smiled ,when that girl pinched him on the arm,"Nanu concluded.

"No. That is for a different reason.Now...Now...I think you will get me into trouble.


This humerus bone is not actually 'humorous'",Popat clarified.

"Okay... I understand this perfectly.

 My wife's name is Khoobsoorat.
(Khoobsoorat in hindi means beautiful).

I fell for the name.Poor me,"Nanu sighed.

"Always thinking of your wife.Can't you think of anything else?"


How do you expect me to think of anything else.If you had a wife like mine,then you will understand.She occupies the whole of my life."he said.

"Okay.Now...
there is actually a nerve,that which controls your sensations at the elbow which winds around this humerus bone on the outer side of the bone.
so, any small hit on this nerve causes a tingle along the whole length of your arm"said Popat.


Just then,Nanu's wife comes from within.
She is a tall lady with a tough face.It seemed as though she had lost any trace of a smile.Popat handed over the laddus to her and gave her a smile.

With a wiff of her hand,she took the sweets and (he thought)she gave him a smile.She went into the house once again leaving both the men at peace.

Nanu took sometime to settle down.Now,Popat understood his problem.

"Popat,whatever you say,I somehow feel there is a close connection between nerves and wives.
They control all our sensations with just one look and what more, anything affects them ,they see to it that it affects the whole length of our day and night.What say?"

"I am not into this. Atleast for today.So,see you tomorrow"winked Popat.

No comments:

Post a Comment