Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Youthful days.Thoughtful ways!

Raghu had called his friend Sajan to come and pick him up at the coffee shop.When Sajan came ,he saw Raghu,Kavita and Joseph walk away in different directions.

What had happened between them?

What would have affected such a beautiful friendship?

To get the answer to this question,we have to first look into the lives of the three friends.

Raghu,Kavita and Joseph were co-workers in a factory.

They joined the factory at around the same time.They were young minds who gave all their time and energy into their work.

But, as days rolled into months ,the boys could not resist but, notice that Kavita was very stunning.It was not about her complexion , it was something about her personality.

She was a very pleasant but, a strong girl and she had a mind of her own.The boys admired her very much.
The three of them formed a strong friendship.

But,as cupid would have it,this liking started to grow in them and even before they knew it, their friendship had developed into love.

It was becoming obvious to everyone that the two boys were vying for Kavita .
They kept looking at her whenever the chance permitted.They always waited for her during lunchtime and exit times and volunteered to help her out frequently.

Slowly, the mild competition became a cold war between the boys.
This affected their friendship.

 The boys wanted to put an end to this and proposed openly to Kavita. They wanted to know what she thought about this.

So, now the ball was in Kavitha's court.She had to decide and soon.

Many thoughts of the two boys raced in her mind.

Raghu:
handsome
boy from affluent family
good position in factory
pampered and only kid of his parents

Joseph:
normal looks
average family background
no father
takes care of mother and unmarried sister

At the near-by coffee shop:

The boys and Kavita  met on the planned date.

As the boys waited for Kavita's reply,

Raghu thought:
Kavita will surely marry me.I know she admires my looks.
She is into debts now. So, my sound financial background will come in handy to make her life.


Anyways, Joseph is of a different faith.He is not very well-to-do.
She will never choose him cause it will only continue her life of financial misery.


She is smart girl.


She has no other choice but, me.

Joseph came in thoughtfully:


Kavita always admires my responsible nature.So, taking care of my family should not be a problem for her.
Moreover,she has told me many times that religion should never come between relationships.


She admires my loving and understanding nature.She is a smart girl.


She will only select me, as her husband.

The boys were abruptly pulled down from their thoughts into real-life.Kavitha started to speak.

"I have decided a few things in my mind.I hope you will understand me in the right sense.

As both of you know,I got this job when my father passed away while at work.

So, I have my mother and brother's responsibility on me.
This is enough for me now.I will not be able to shoulder anymore responsibility.I am sorry Joseph.

Joseph was crest-falle.He started to leave.

 Raghu was overjoyed.He knew she had taken the right decision.

But, Kavita continued,
Joseph wait for a second.Listen to me before you leave.

You know that after my father passed away about four years back,I have had to adjust to many situations in my life much against my will.This has left a bad taste in me.

If I marry Raghu, I will always have to adjust to him because he is not used to taking a 'no'.
Raghu has himself told me many times that he is a pampered child and that always he is used to his parents doing his bidding.This will become a very big strain on me.So, I am sorry Raghu.

As for now, we will all be good friends and go on with our jobs as before.
We will see what life has in store for us.

Where will these paths lead?
The boys never expected her to say such a thing.They always thought she would choose one of them.They were taken aback.

But, all said and done, they were her friends.So, they respected her feelings and accepted what she said.

Raghu decided:
I will try to change my adamant nature and win over her heart.

Joseph :
Once my sister and her brother are settled into good jobs,we only need take care of the mothers.Anyways, four salaries can be poured into repaying her debts.


So, he was ready to wait till that fine day dawned.

Kavita was much relieved having talked out her mind to her friends.

So, all the three friends went their own ways.

Better luck next time guys!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment